Tuesday, May 27, 2014

First Year of Preschool

We officially have Carter's first year of preschool in the books! Carter was in Ms. Flo and Ms. Kelly's Fish class on Mondays and Wednesdays at St. Peter's UMC.  Carter was the youngest student at school, turning 15 months on the cutoff date, September 1st.  He was really young to start school but hoping that I would be pregnant (and likely on bed rest) we went ahead and registered him last spring.

Preschool has been so good for Carter this year! He is very attached to me so it gave him a chance to do things without me.  He made some friends, which surprised me because I figured at this age they would all play equally with each other.  And he had his first girlfriend, Amy.  "Amy" is the only name of a non-family member Carter can say and I hear it all day long.  Carter looooooves Amy.

I had grand plans to take a picture of Carter everyday of school, but morning sickness and forgetfulness got the better of me and I missed several days throughout the year.  These are the pictures from the fall semester.

Carter enjoyed seeing the fire trucks, playing in the pumpkin patch, learning how to walk on a rope, fall festival, perfecting eating at a table in a real chair, numerous arts and crafts, music class, a Christmas party and program, and playing with friends.

I have fewer pictures for the spring semester since he spent a good portion of time with Nana taking him to and from school and we were at the NICU for 5 weeks.  These pictures were all taken on preschool days, just not on the way out the door.

In the spring Carter enjoyed water games, instruments, K9 unit visits, more arts and crafts, actually napping during nap time, showing off his baby sisters, and a stellar spring parent conference.  I'm excited for your class next year since the teachers are familiar with the students and many of his classmates will be in his class again.  I'm also excited to be able to spend some quality time with Madeline and Molly while Carter is at school.
Ms. Flo, Ms. Kelly, Carter and me on the last day of school

Here is a comparison picture for first and last days of school.  I love this boy! So adorable!

No comments: