Monday, May 19, 2014

30th BirthdayS

So this is the big year for me and Matt...we both turn THIRTY! Whoo hoo!

Soon after I got pregnant with the twins I told everyone we would need to reschedule my birthday since I would be 8 months pregnant (I'm not sure if that's allowed, but I did it anyway.)  Who wants to celebrate with swollen ankles and heartburn?! Not this girl.  Since Matt and Stephanie's birthdays are only two days apart in May (16th and 18th) I went ahead and declared my birthday to be May 17th.

Instead of being pregnant for my birthday I ended up being able to snuggle my girls! They were still in the NICU and Jeff was in town so we headed up there in the morning and gave them their morning bottles.  Matt was on spring break so we spent the rest of the day at home playing with Carter Man.  After he went to bed I headed back to the NICU and got a great birthday present...the girls' beds were open and they were regulating their own body temps!
{Madeline}

{Molly}

{Molly}

{Daddy and Mollys hands}

{Madeline}

Don't worry, it was empty! 



{Molly}{Madeline}

Once May rolled around it worked out that May 17th fell on a Saturday! We all lined up babysitters (thanks Laura, Chris and Brooks!) and headed to Taste of Texas with Robby and Stephanie.  We had the BEST time and definitely need to make more time to hang out away from the kids.  I love that my best friend married my brother-in-law! 


Happy 30th! I'm tempted to permanently move my birthday to May 17th! 

No comments: