Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Our Mothers Day this year was very low-key filled with lots of time with family.  We made it to church, had lunch at Willie's with my family, I dashed out of the house for a pedicure, and enjoyed dinner at Matt's parents house.


It should be noted that this was our first restaurant outing with all 3 kids and Matt's first time to be solo with all the kids.  It was naptime so I went easy on him.  :)  I did get an SOS phone call at the end of my pedicure about a potty mess Carter made in his room when he was supposed to be napping.  I quickly called "Mothers Day" on that one and laughed to myself at the situation.



I'm not sure I will ever get through another Mother's Day without feeling a twinge of sadness for all of the women trying to conceive a baby.  The heartache of infertility changed me, and made me a more compassionate person.  I'm so thankful to honor my mama and mother-in-law on this day, and to have my own children honor me, but I will always spend my day praying for all of those waiting to be called "mama."

No comments: