Monday, June 17, 2013

Trip to Pine Prairie

Carter Man and I hit the road on Thursday with Nana and PawPaw headed I-10 east to see Granny and Poppa (Matts grandparents.)  Matt was working a football camp at Texas A&M so it worked out perfectly so tag along to see Granny & Poppa.  The trip to Pine Prairie, LA usually takes about 4 hours but we took our time and stopped for lunch and to let Carter stretch his legs.  On the way up there we:

Wore our cool dude babiators

Practiced driving with PawPaw

Napped

Turned the car seat around to face forward and watch Praise Baby for the last leg

We finally arrived (after a few tears) at Poppa and Granny's just in time to hop back in the car and head to Turkey Creek for dinner at Sue's.  Granny knew everyone there and spent some time introducing Carter to everyone.  After dinner Carter even enjoyed a little ice cream!! 

Thursday night Carter went down just fine and I stayed up late alternating between Candy Crush and movies on the iPad.  About 1:00am he woke up screaming and I could not get him to go back to sleep for the life of me.  We rocked, walked, sang, had a bottle but nothing would put him back down.  About 4:20 am he fell back asleep in my arms but when I tried to put him down he woke back up so I held him while he slept until a little after 5:00 am.  Ugh!  So much for any sleep for Mama!

Friday we:
Toured the cemeteries and learned all sorts of family history and random facts 

Got into everything at Poppa and Granny's 

Swung on the front porch (why is this picture distorted?!?)

Drove the golf cart

And the tractor


And sat in little bitty chairs for little bitty people

Friday we hit up the bait stand for lunch and I had one of the best hamburgers of my life.  Take me back!  Then we had bacon & tomato sandwiches for dinner with the tomatoes from PawPaw's garden.  Yum!  After a small tantrum Carter went to bed and slept all night!! Hallelujah!! 

We headed home Saturday after a great breakfast and a little more play time with Poppa and Granny.  Carter was less than behaved on the way home but I don't blame him.  His tummy hurt and all of his molars are coming in (only one has cut through) and it was a long day in the car.  We were so glad to see Daddy Saturday night!! 

This only lasted about 20 minutes

Sunday I managed to take zero pictures.  ZERO!!  How did I manage to not document Fathers Day?!?  I'm so mad at myself. 

We all made cards for Matt's second Fathers Day. 

Then we headed up to Conroe to see my brothers.  It was the first time we were all together since Daddy's memorial service and it was Fathers Day.  I was expecting a few tears but they didn't come for me until later that evening.  We had a great lunch together and cheered Phil on at the US Open.  

I posted this on Instagram but this is my favorite picture of Daddy and Carter.  I think Carter is about 3 month in this picture.  Although I missed Daddy yesterday I know he was having the best day sitting front row at the US Open.  He would have loved to see Phil win and I can only imagine the coaching he was doing from the sideline.  :)

This week our calendar is pretty open.  I feel like that hasn't happened in a loooong time!  Hopefully that means a lot of time with Daddy, swimming at the pool, eating dinner on the porch and time at the park! 

1 comment:

Katy said...

Not sure why, but I haven't seen ANY of your updates in months! So glad I randomly checked back today!!

Love your sweet little guy! He is getting so big!

Can you tell me where you got his little shirt that says "things are better when Papa's around?" I want one for my boys!