Thursday, June 6, 2013

Crash

Saturday after Carter's party I went to upload pictures to my computer and my laptop wouldn't respond.  I forced a shut down and waited a little while and tried to turn it on and it completely wouldn't respond. Uh oh.  So I immediately drove to the Apple store and pleaded with the Genius Bar to please get my pictures!!
Matt is in charge of backing everything on our computers up to our external harddrive, which he, thankfully, did on May 6.  So the Apple people just had to get a few pictures between May 6 - June 1 off my harddrive.  The guy was able to save almost all of my pictures!  And they included my first mothers day and Carter's birthday!
We didn't realize until after we left that Matt had only been backing up my iPhoto- nothing else.  So I lost all of my documents (some were on my google drive/email but others were not) and all of my videos!!! My iPhone videos were in iPhoto but my video camera videos were in iMovie.  I took a video of Carter every month on his little birthday, I had a video of Daddy and Carter at Christmas, plus I had Daddy's slideshow we made for his memorial service (also on YouTube) and Carter's first Christmas.    :(
Matt did some research and ordered a firewire from Amazon that might help retrieve some of my lost documents and videos.  That should come in today so hopefully tonight Matt can work some magic and save my videos.
IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RETRIEVING FILES FROM A CRASHED HARDDRIVE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! And if you wouldn't mind, say a little prayer tonight that our firewire works! 

No comments: