Thursday, May 30, 2013

Children's Museum

Two weeks ago our play group we meet with on Wednesdays planned to go to the Houston Zoo.  I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo, although Matt claims our anatomy class took a field trip there in high school.  I was really looking forward to it, probably more so than Carter! (Since he has an opinion and all.)  So I was really bummed when we woke up and it was raining and forecasted to rain all day.  Bummer!  So after a few group texts we settled on the Children's Museum.
 Nancy- Carter's best girl friend


Carter had already been to the CM once, but he was so small I never really took him out to play.  This time he had an absolute blast!  We spent a lot of time upstairs at the "Tot Spot" for babies up to 35 months and it was like heaven to him.  There were balls, mirrors, mats to fall on, and his favorite...doors!!  Haha, he spent most of his time in front of these little doors opening and closing.  I swear he would have stayed there all day if I had let him.  At home that's his favorite thing to do, and he has the bruises on his forehead to prove it!


We brought our lunches and had a picnic outside.  If the weather was better I would have brought his swimsuit so he could run around the outdoor water area.  This will be a perfect place to go in the summer while Matt is off work.  Plus, he got a really good nap in the car on the way there and on the way home.  Score!



He had a fever virus last week so I'm hoping that didn't come from the museum.  There were people there cleaning every step of the way, but hundreds of kids so sickness is bound to happen.  Of course Carter seems to catch anything viral that he possibly can, so who knows where it came from.




We also got to meet up with our cousin William!  He is almost 5 months and just the cutest he can be!  A perfect mix of his mama and daddy!



This was a fun day and I can't wait to go back with Matt so he can see how much fun Carter had and how happy he was.  Especially since it will be so hot this summer!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

AW! I love that picture of Carter & Cooper!!!!