Monday, May 27, 2013

Carter's 1st Swim

We have had one heck of a week! I told a friend I would sub an entire week for her while she moved her daughter home from college.  An entire week...what was I thinking?!?  Thankfully Nana offered to watch Carter Man while I hung out with my old co-workers and students.  I actually had a really good time :)

Matt, Carter and I all ended up getting sick on Wednesday.  It was awful! I'll spare you the details but I don't ever want to go through that again.

On top of everything we had family pictures Monday night, Red & White game Tuesday night, and my mom was out of town visiting family in Georgia.  Sheesh!!

Anyhoo....last weekend we hit the pool for Carter's first swim! Last summer he was obviously too small, so I'm excited to spend most of this summer in the water with him.  He loves bath time  so I knew the pool would be a hit and I was right!  He was happy as a clam in his pool float, and when I sat him on the steps he loved playing in the fountain.  Sometimes when I hold him he wriggles around but, thankfully, he didn't do that in the pool.  I think he spent most of his time trying to drink all of the water.




 Please ignore the pink float...and don't say anything to Matt!! 




I'm debating about swim lessons since both sets of grandparents have a pool.  I'm not looking for him to be able to swim, but it would give us peace of mind if our fearless boy were to somehow fall in.  I'm calling around to a few places tomorrow to get the scoop.  Hopefully we can get those done before we leave for Florida!!!

1 comment: