Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A few of my favorite things...

Good morning!! We're having a lazy day here around the McD house today...lots of playtime around the house and a few errands to run.  The laundry is going, breakfast is cleaned up, monkey is napping and the weather is supposed to get into the 80's today.  Does it get any better??

Here are a few things that have been rocking my world lately and don't break the bank:

This was an impulse purchase at Target one day that turned out to be a winner.  After seeing my legs recently in pictures I was horrified at the pure whiteness that has developed! I blame it on having fair skin to begin with AND spending all of last summer inside with the new baby.  :)  Mama needs a beach ASAP, but my trusty Jergens is helping out in the meantime.  T-minus 7 weeks until Rosemary Beach, FL!!

Matt calls these my "fake-out" pants since I definitely don't work-out in them, lol! I call these my "I haven't showered and have 1000 errands to run and my only jeans I wear are in the washer" pants.  I've never worn yoga pants before but I like these because they are thick enough to provide coverage, come up high to hide the post-baby pooch, and provide this wonderful skinny illusion.  If you want to feel like you've lost 5 pounds THESE are your pants! 
I couldn't find my exact pair online but the ones I bought in the store were a little longer than the picture and reversible.  

Guess who has put off planning her sons first birthday party....this girl! I'm partly on a pretty strict budget, partly in denial that I have an almost one-year old, and partly lacking in motivation to do anything since Daddy died.  I finally logged onto amazon last night and ordered almost everything I think I will need for the party. (I use the term "party" losely...right now it's just our families and a pizza) And with my prime membership my shipping was free and will be here tomorrow! Amazon FTW!

This was something I randomly added to our registry, not really caring if we got it or not.  Some friends in our bible study brought this with them every week and I was shocked at first, but quickly intrigued as their son was a chunker.  (I say that with love.)  Now I am completely in love with ours and actually kinda sad that we bought a "real" high chair at all.  The arms fold flat so you can easily take it with you wherever.  The fabric is washable and super easy to clean.  And it hooks onto almost any table we've come across! Win! 

Bobbi Brown Corrector and Concealer
Best purchase I've made in a long time, hands down.  Dark circles and uneveness has plagued me all my life, but moreso after becoming a momma.  On days when I don't have time for makeup (yikes!) I still make time for these.  Quick, easy, and makes a world of difference.  



I'm obsessed.  The bare feet! The belly! Super easy diaper changes! Shorts!  It simply does not get any better than a baby belly sticking out of big boy pajamas.  We might not buy clothes at all and just live in jammers for the next 4 years.  

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love product recommendations! :) So jealous that yall are going to Rosemary Beach!! We won't be going to Florida this year and I'm so sad!!

Unknown said...

What pooch? There is no pooch!
My great nephew is too cute to even describe. Even if he did bite me.......