Thursday, March 21, 2013

NOLA!

Still playing catch-up...

So Sara and Randy's wedding is this weekend! Ohhh eeeekk!! I'm so excited!  I've finalized Carter's outfits for the rehearsal dinner and wedding and, oh em gee, he is going to be just dashing.  I'm melting just thinking about how cute he will be, hehe!


In preparation for the big day we took Sara to New Orleans a few weekends ago for her bachelorette party! Woo hoo! Months ago I was honestly dreading this trip because it would be my first weekend away from Carter, but it could not have gone better.  The week Carter spent with Nana and PawPaw while I was in the hospital with Daddy really helped, especially since this was only for 2 nights.  I was a little anxious since Matt was in Lake Charles with Randy's bachelor party, but all went smoothly and I'm sure Carter didn't even notice we were gone.

The girls left Friday afternoon and rolled into NOLA around 1am.  Y'all, I haven't seen 1am in ages, but in NOLA 1am is like noon.  We checked-in, changed clothes and hit the town until the wee morning hours.  After napping sleeping for a little while we hit the town again for lunch, shopping and exploring.
 
That night we regrouped, showered Sara with some gifts and went to Palace Cafe for dinner.  It was just downstairs from our hotel, which was nice, and we had reserved the wine room so we dinned by ourselves.  We loved our waiter, Lloyd, and had the best drinks and food I've had in a looooong time.

We hit the town again after dinner but the time change cut out an hour of fun and a few of us headed back early (before 4am.)  Haha! The rest of the crew made it in just before we were about to get up to get ready to leave.  So glad I headed home early since I was driving home on Sunday!

We had a blast and I just love New Orleans.  Matt and I are talking about going this summer with Carter and a few friends.  Matt is just dying to go to the WWII Museum so we will see if we can fit in his summer schedule.  I would love to go back and eat beignets!

No comments: