Friday, March 15, 2013

1,825 days

We've been married 5 years! I'm not sure if it's really 1,825 or 1,826 days because of leap year, but I really don't care either way.  By now we've officially been together for longer than we've been apart, and we're only 28/29 years old.  That's crazy! To think that I was telling my friends at 14-years old that I would marry Matt...guess I was a little bit psychic (and a lot in love!)

This last year has definitely been the best, albeit hardest, year of marriage we've had.  Throwing a baby in the mix grew my love for Matt exponentially.  There is absolutely no better feeling than looking at your husband holding his son in the hospital...literally watching them fall in love with each other.  I will never, ever forget that feeling while I watched that father/son bond form.  And now to see them together, laughing at each other and just having the best time becoming friends...it's truly what has gotten me through this last month.  I simply cannot imagine our lives without Carter in them.

We're celebrating tonight with a fancy dinner at Sullivan's while Mama Jo and Auntie Carol babysit.  Whoo hoo!!  So much different than our anniversary last year. :)

Matty,
Always and forever.

4 years
3 years
2 years
1 year

No comments: