Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Day in the Life: 9 Months

Really, this is 9.5 months thanks to my maxing out my storage on my iPhone and not being able to take any pictures.  Wahh! Also, I wanted to wait for a "normal" day and since Matt was on spring break last week I waited until this week.  Mondays are usually pretty normal.  

5:30- Carter wakes up, what?!?  He NEVER gets up this early, thank goodness.  I can feel all 4 canines coming through so I'm assuming we are about to enter teething hell.  I rock him for a few minutes and then bring him to our bed once Matt is up for work.

7:00- Carter starts crawling around the bed so we are UP for the day! I'll forgive the kick to the stomach he gave me ;)  Change diaper, nurse, rock and he spends his time crawling around exploring the house and pulling up where he can.

7:45- Mama needs coffee so we move to the kitchen and Carter plays in his high chair while I brew a cup of joe, heat up his oatmeal and fix our breakfasts.  Oatmeal, yogurt, nectarines and part of a bagel for him.  Coffee, milk and a bagel with cream cheese for me.  We split a banana, but he mashes up and plays with more than he eats.

8:30- More play time.  Carter tries to pull-up on the stool of the glider and smashes his face on the wood part.  Thankfully, I don't think it's going to leave a mark.  He cheers himself up quickly and plays with his footballs and then in the jumper for awhile.

9:00- Naptime for Carter Man and showertime for Mama.

10:15- He's up! He slept for an hour and fifteen minutes! Praise the Good Lord! Diaper change, new clothes for baby and more playtime for Carter.  He's very into holding onto our hands and "walking" around the house or crawling after us as fast as he can to "catch" us.  He still would much rather play with me than play independently.

11:00- Nurse, pack diaper bag, make grocery list

11:30- Leave for our Monday errands.  Today's list includes a drive thru Sonic for a Cherry Limeade (I gave up Diet Coke for Lent and this is my new go-to drink), bank, dry cleaners and grocery store.  We get it all done in a little over an hour!  Carter falls asleep in the car while we are pulling in the neighborhood, booooo.

1:00- Lunchtime! Fruit puree, toast and cheese for Carter, egg salad sandwich and cheese crackers for me (with my yummy Cherry Limeade)

1:45- Carter plays while I clean the kitchen and get the groceries put away.  Carter discovers the inside of the refrigerator and thinks it's the best thing.

2:30- Nurse and down for a nap.  He is not having it and cries for almost 30 minutes before he finally falls asleep.

4:20- He's up! Another good(ish) nap today.  I hope I don't jinx it but I *think* we are making progress in the nap department (more on that later.)  He was so sweet after his nap just cuddling and laying in my arms.  So sweet!  He discovers some of his "push" toys and we spend some time cruising around the playroom and he has the biggest smile on his face the entire time.

4:45- Daddy's home early and we pack up and drop by Mama K's house.  Daddy does some stuff for Mama K around the house and we show off our new skills to Mama K, Aunt Laura and Brooks.  Those two cousins are about to really start having fun playing together!

5:45- Head to dinner at Willie's.  We usually eat at home during the week but I had a coupon for a free entree from my birthday so we made an exception tonight.  The weather was gorgeous tonight so we were able to sit on the porch, my favorite way to dine :)  At the grocery store today I picked up some new strawberry baby yogurt and he absolutely devours it.  I think we have a new favorite food!

7:00- Arrive home and kiss Daddy goodnight.  Diaper, pj's, bible story, nurse and go to sleep.  I want to remember how sweet he was tonight just snuggling in the crook of my neck and giggling when he would sit up and look at me.  I melt.

1 comment:

Shelly Phig said...

He looks so precious! I loved seeing y'all on Saturday

xoxo
Aunt Shelly