Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer lovin’ had me a blast

I have been sooooooooo busy in the past week and can’t wait to update!

Saturday, June 18

We got the Carter and McDaniel parents together and attended Kristy and Justin’s wedding.  I didn’t get any pictures of the bride and groom (she was oh-so cute too!) but did snap this one of me and the mister.

001

Sunday, June 19 to Wednesday, June 22

I snuck in a quick trip to see my favorite’s- Emily and Ella!  We had so much fun! I just can’t even believe how much Ella has grown since my last visit in October.  Now she is running all over the place, saying small phrases, and just has the best manners of any little 19 month old I’ve ever seen.  Emily is such a good momma and I’m learning so much from her.  She doesn’t stress the small stuff and just loves, loves, loves her little one.  AND SHE ASKED ME TO BE ELLA’S GODMOTHER!  Yes, Ella is officially my goddaughter!

While I was there we went swimming, watched a lot of Nick Jr, drank Skinny Girl margaritas, went shopping at North Park Mall (my fav!) and just enjoyed one another’s company.  Her family is vacationing in Galveston in a few weeks so I will be able to see them all again very soon.  I just adore her parents and husband and could move in with them in a heartbeat.

Picnik collage

Wednesday when I got home (after dropping off my car at the shop because my “malfunction indicator” light came on while driving home…fun) we went to eat dinner with some of our friends downtown.  We definitely need to get together with them more often.

Thursday, June 23

I relaxed, cleaned the house and did laundry, and ran some errands.  My friend Becca was in town from Birmingham and we had a nice afternoon of girl chat.  I wish she lived closer!

Friday, June 24

My BFF Missy went to Bastrop with me to get my hair done.  She introduced me to Avery McKay Salon one weekend and I’ve driven back ever since.  Mainly so we can eat at Pocket’s while we are in town!

photo (7)

Friday night we went to the Astro’s game with the McDaniel’s and enjoyed some killer seats.  Unfortunately the Astro’s did not win, but we did enjoy some quality time with the rents.

013

015

018

019

Saturday, June 25

In the morning I went to one of my sisters’ friends bridal shower.  It was really nice and the food was super yummy.  One of the games was to make a “wedding dress” out of toilet paper.  Mama Jo was our model and WON the contest!  You go girl!

Mama Jo collage

023

Saturday night I went with Missy and Shelly to the NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys…for you, Granny!) concert.  It was fabulous!  New Kids were insanely popular when I was in Kinder and 1st grade, and BSB was constantly in my CD player while I was in high school.  Combining the two groups and you have an arena full of 20-something females all screaming like tweens.  So fun!

NKOTBSB collage

Sunday, June 26

Matt and I were lazy and hung around the house all day watching Big Bang Theory on DVD.  I think I finally changed out of my pajamas when Kendall and Drew came over to show us their new baby, Duke.

photo

Monday, June 27

I ran errands all day, mainly for little Brooxie Kate.  She desperately needed some new shoes and Dad wanted to get her a walker.  She was such a good little shopping buddy. 

Before

photo (4)

During

photo (3)

After

photo

Tonight Granny was in town so we all got together for dinner.  We missed you Sara!  We got to snuggle with this little one for awhile. 

photo (2)

I feel like I blinked and he doubled in size. Can’t wait to spend all next week with him in Florida!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Amanda! That pic of you and Matthew at the wedding is SSOOOOOO gorgeous of you both! I miss yall so much! I can't wait for FLO-RIDDDAAAA!!!! :) :)

Amanda McD said...

thanks seester

Emily said...

We love you Aunt Nanda! :)