Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Shellac Experiment

I finally took some time today to treat myself to the new fabulousness (yes, I just used the word “fabulousness” on my blog, what of it?) that is Shellac.  Now, I’m not going to admit openly on this little blog how often I treat myself to mani/pedi’s, but I will say that from now on I’m thinking I will be Shellac-ing.  (Do you like all the words I’m making up today?  Your welcome.) 

Shellac is all the rage as a new combo gel nail/natural polish.  It goes on like normal polish but is advertised to last up to 3 weeks.   3 WEEKS!!!  Yes my friends, this is the Taj Mahal of manicures and I am FINALLY testing this system out.  I’m going to try and post updates on the status of my manicure in the coming days (or weeks!)

Day 1:

photo (2)

photo

2 comments:

Sara said...

AHH!! they look so good! I too "shellac-ed" (I'm joining you on making up words and i like it) last week. Today it has been one week and they still look pretty dang good! They are chipping a little, but that might have to do with the 4 hours I spent in the pool haha! I LOVE THEM! and I loooovvvee the color you picked, SO CUTE!

Amanda McD said...

I went to the place by HEB and they have a TON of shellac colors. Next time you are "in town" we should go!