Friday, July 24, 2009

THSCA All-Star Game

I need a moment to be obnoxious and brag on my husband (something I do not do enough.)

Words cannot adequately express how proud I am of my husband. All of the work and separation we face that goes along with his job is completely overshadowed when it comes down to the amazing things he is able to do with his kids. I love you honey and I am with you every step of this amazing journey we are on!

For those of you who did not get a chance to watch the game the South All-Stars beat the North 48-21! Up until the last minute of the game it was actually 48-14 but I think the defense was distracted by the sidelines pouring Gatorade on Coach Joseph's head in celebration and forgot there was a game going on. We forgive you! I think at the half it was something like 26-0 and the north had only earned 1 first down. Needless to say, WE DOMINATED!

Not only that, but the defensive MVP came from the south and was one of Matt's secondary guys! He was from Livingston and played corner and is headed up the road to Texas A&M. WHOOP! Not only did he have the best coach and earn MVP, but he also had almost 300 yards of offense alone. Yes I said offensive yards for a defensive player. 1 int, 1 punt return and 1 ko return will do that for you. :-)

Congratulations Matty! Again I am so stinking proud of all you have done and will continue to be your biggest fan! I love you forever!

Here are some of the pictures I was able to get before my camera died. Most are from the convention hall and during pre-game. Hopefully Julie can send me some of hers she got after the game and I will post those too.

Entering the convention hall

South jerseys

They had a bunch of Katy Tiger stuff all over the convention hall. Here is just some of what I found:
From Herff Jones, the ring people. All of the Katy rings in order from L-R: 2000, 2007, 2008, 1997, 1959

Katy banner at the Herff Jones booth

Random Katy Tigers sign I found on the floor in front of a booth

Katy helmet at the DSV booth

Here are some shots I got at the game before camera died:

Entrance of DKR, Texas Our Texas

Scoreboard

Coach McDaniel and Coach Garcia talking game plan

The greatest coach I know

Coach McDaniel and Coach Miller

The South All-Stars lined up to get their All-Star watches

Matt very happy to be taking a picture before the game

Warm-up

Breaking it down (#44 is from Katy, Chris Roberson)

I love the look of a winning scoreboard!

1 comment:

Robby and Stephanie said...

Yeah, Matthew!... boy that ring is sure shiny!!!