Monday, April 14, 2014

What's on my DVR

Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for her "What's On..." series.

It's no secret we LOVE TV in the McDaniel house.  Our living room TV is on from the moment we get up until we go to bed at night.  Most of the time we are not watching it but I just need the background noise.  I can't stand a quiet house! During the day we keep it on Disney Jr or PBS Kids and at night I catch up on "my" shows.  Here's what my DVR typically looks like:

Grey's Anatomy
I've loved Grey's from the beginning when I was in college.  It was the ONLY show I watched in college and I paid extra on our cable bill so I could have a box with a DVR specifically so I could keep up with GA.  Once I went on bed rest with Carter I realized Lifetime show old Grey's episodes from noon until 3:00pm daily.  Yes! They loop the show so if I'm home during the day and Carter is napping I always have my TV on Lifetime to catch old episodes.

And in this season (I've saved all the old episodes on my DVR so I can re-watch this summer) when Jackson told April he loved her at the wedding?! I melted! Derek and Meredith will always be my favorite couple on the show.  And I'm rooting for Owen and Cristina this season! 

Scandal
Anything by Shonda Rhimes is a winner for me.  In my next life I think it would be fun to work for Pope & Associates, especially if I get access to Olivia's closet!


Parenthood
I'm late to the party on this show but have been faithfully watching the past two seasons.  One of these days I will go back and watch from the beginning (I love binge watching a show!)  This show brings the tears (happy and sad) every week.  I would love to be a Braverman!


Modern Family
Matt and I didn't start watching MF until a few seasons in, but we got caught up one summer while in Florida.  We love it now and try to catch it anytime we see re-runs on.  Matt hasn't been able to watch with me but I still DVR this every week.  Cam and Mitch are my favorites!


Blacklist
I'm a sucker for any suspense show like this and knew I would like the Blacklist as soon as I saw the previews last summer.  I love James Spader's character and enjoy that we don't just follow the FBI storyline but their personal lives as well.  I can't wait to get caught back up on the show once I have time to watch TV again!

New show: Crisis
I haven't started watching this show yet, but I have all 4 episodes on my DVR ready to watch.  It reminds me a lot of the Blacklist and I've heard great things about this show.

New show: Game of Thrones
Matt has read all of these books and we recently watched all 3 seasons on HBO Go.  It's really confusing with all of the characters, but has great production value.  I'm completely hooked and we designate Monday nights as Game of Thrones night.

No comments: