Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's Way

Easter 2014, although very busy, has been very fun! Easter is one of my favorites because it has a great meaning and reason for celebrating, but doesn't have a lot of the fuss that goes along with some other holidays.  The decorating is pretty and easy, the food is always simple and good, and the kids activities are quick and fun. Not too much prep for anything always makes a great holiday!

We started last Wednesday with Carter's Easter party at preschool.  I wish I could say it was a fun time but Carter woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.  Combined with the cranky pants I accidentally dressed him in made for one huge meltdown during the party.  At least he looked cute! Auntie Sara made his shirt (which slightly shrunk in the wash...oops! Sorry Carter!) along with Madeline and Molly's onesies they wore.

At the preschool party Carter refused to sit down and eat his snack like the rest of his classmates.  He ended up in my lap most of the time or a crying mess in the middle of the floor.  I was totally "that mom" and caught some of the side eyes the other moms were giving each other.  Oh well.  You win some you lose some.

Carter had no interest in the Easter egg hunt they did on the playground.  He just wanted to play! I don't blame him since most of the other kids in the class wanted to play as well.  I guess 3 is the magical age for hunting Easter eggs?  2 surely is not.  Carter melted down again on the playground when we had to come inside and again in his classroom when I had to leave.  What a day to wake up on the wrong side of the bed!


Saturday we headed over to Nana and PawPaw's for McDaniel family Easter, minus Aunt Sara and Uncle Randy.  Nana made a feast and for the first time since the girls were born I actually got full! We dyed eggs with Kool Aid and Carter decided he would rather drink the Kool Aid than dye the eggs.  Again, I don't blame him! We hunted Easter eggs and opened Easter baskets.  The Easter bunny sure was good to Carter this year!!



Sunday the Easter bunny stopped by our house.  I actually forgot I would need to make Easter baskets for THREE kids until the last minute.  Eeek! The swim suits we had on hand and the bows I picked up at Target, along with Carter's John Deere toys and bubbles.  Carter about died over the John Deere's and bubbles...his two favorite things right now! He actually took the John Deere to bed with him Sunday night.




We didn't venture to church this year with the girls since they are still so small and highly susceptible to illness.  We spent the rest of the morning at home playing since it was such a pretty day outside.  After naps we headed over to my parents house for Carter family Easter.  Mom had ham, potato casserole, two salads and plenty of rolls (my favorite part.)  We had another Easter egg hunt where Carter was more interested in the candy than the actual eggs.  Hey, a boy after my own heart! I guess we know where he gets his sweet tooth from!

Carter and Brooks play so well together now so they basically chased each other around the entire time.  They found this baby doll stroller and took turns pushing each other around the house.  And Carter is finally proficient at going up AND down the stairs so it was a lot easier to let them play than in the past.  We brought the rock-n-plays with us and the girls just snoozed the entire time.


We had a great time celebrating Easter and I can't wait until Carter is a little older and can start to grasp the concept of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins.  I want to make resurrection rolls and do all the fun crafts that come along with Easter.  Holidays are just so much fun (and better) with kids!

No comments: