Friday, April 4, 2014

One Week

We've made it through one week at home with three kids under two! Whew! At some points this week I didn't think id make it. I thought about taking the girls back to the NICU. I thought about bribing Carter's preschool teachers for 5 days a week of school. I thought about running away. But we've come out the other side and have so much to show for it!

We've heard nary a whimper from the girls. 

We've managed to keep everyone, including Cooper and two rose bushes, alive and fed. 

I've taken two showers and am planning on another one tomorrow. 

Slept for about 5-6 hours (broken up) each night. 

Pumped over 13 liters of breast milk #moo

Instructed Carter to "be gentle" at least 25 times a day. 

Washed, sanitized, dried and fortified what feels like millions of bottles. 

Learned how to feed two babies simultaneously.  

Poured 14 bottles of breast milk down the drain after fortifying it wrong. 

Spent 5 hours taking newborn pictures. 

Survived my first solo outing with the girls to the pediatrician.  Made it there only 2 minutes late and came home with a glowing report.  

Let Carter watch an embarrassing amount of TV/iPad. 

Stared at these precious little babies for far too long each day.
Madeline

Madeline, Molly

Molly, Madeline

Molly, Madeline

Madeline

And we are planning on going to a wedding tomorrow with the girls! Don't worry, I will have them strapped to me, sanitizer on hand and telling guests they can look but not touch.  
I'd say it was a pretty good week! 

1 comment:

Mateya said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading that haha! You really are a rockstar! I hope you enjoyed the wedding!!!