Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sara's PINK Bridal Shower

Someone, I won't name any names, who is less than 3 feet tall woke up extra early this morning.  I know I heard him stirring around 6:00 and when Matt left around 6:20 he shook me awake and said, "The baby's awake, want me to go get him?"  I wanted to reply with "Nooooooooo!" and turn off the monitor so I could snag another hour of sleep but I did get some good snuggles when Matt brought him in our room so I will say it's worth the extra early wakeup.  Funny how I used to bounce out of bed at 5:00 and now I'm struggling to drag myself up at 6:30 or 7:00.  At least I have some time to blog this morning!

I need a little cheer around here so today I'm choosing to remember the bridal shower we threw for my SIL, Sara, a few weeks ago.  Sara and Randy are getting married in just 22 days!! I'm so looking forward to a fun weekend next month with all of Matt's family and Sara and Randy's friends.  And I will definitely need to do a little shopping before then because the outfit I planned for Carter to wear is definitely too small already.  :)

Sara is most definitely the princess of her family, so it was very fitting for her to have her own princess bridal shower! We used as much PINK as we could in all the decor and just made it very girly for her...and she LOVED it!









The menu included all of Sara's favorite things: Cowboy Dip, Chick-fil-A nuggets, Ham & Cheese sliders, Pinwheels and Iced Tea.  I'm so glad we have the same taste in food because I was in complete heaven with everything! I don't think I moved too far away from the pinwheels all afternoon.  :)





I'm so fortunate to have married into such a loving, wonderful family.  I love these ladies like they are my own (because they are!)  Sara is entering into the same situation with wonderful in-laws and a new brother, sister and 2 new nephews.  Lucky girl!








We had a great turn-out and Sara left with some GREAT new stuff.  I always loved going home and opening up all the gifts after all of my bridal and baby showers.  It's just such a great feeling to know that your joy is shared by so many of your close family and friends.






Randy surprised Sara at the end of the shower with beautiful flowers! Such a catch! :)


And my littlest love <3 p="">


Congrats, Sara and Randy!  Can't wait to celebrate with y'all next month! Love you!! 

No comments: