Monday, February 4, 2013

A Day in the Life: 8 Months

In the beginning I had planned to do a post like this for every month, but obviously that didn't pan out.  Never too late to start, right?  I know this will be good to look back on once we have another baby and I wonder what the heck we were doing each month and what our schedule was.  Here's what our schedule is like at 8 months:

5:00am- Monkey wakes up and fusses a little in his crib.  I give him a few minutes to see if he will go back to sleep and eventually go in his room and nurse him for a few minutes.  Put him back to bed and I go back to sleep after waking up Matt for work.

8:15am- Wake up to Carter babbling to himself over the monitor.  Grab him, change him and snuggle with him in bed for a few minutes.  He loves to play with my hands and chew on my fingers (ouch!) Usually on Fridays we go to bible study but we can't go today since he is coughing and congested.

8:30am- Get up, make coffee and nurse Monkey Man.  Catch a little of the Today Show and check my email while he is nursing.

8:50am- Put Monkey in the jumper and a Praise Baby DVD on while I get breakfast started and clean the living room up.  It's the only time he will sit still and not cry if I leave the room.

9:00am- Breakfast! Waffles for me and oatmeal and yogurt for him.  He plays in his high chair a little while before eating and eventually ends up throwing all his toys on the floor.  Future quarterback??

9:45am- He's coughing a congested so we do a breathing treatment and have the doctor call in a decongestant for us.

10:00am- Down for a nap after throwing a fit and singing "rock-a-bye baby" 95 times.  I answer a few emails and jump in the shower and get dressed praying he sleeps long enough for me to get ready.

11:15am- Awake and singing to himself! Diaper change, wardrobe change and we "attempt" his 8-month pictures.  Fail.

11:45am- Nurse and play in the living room.  He's loving his drum set and any sort of ball he can try to throw.
Onesie from Aunt Laura.  I promise to start the Harry Potter brainwashing ASAP. 

12:30pm- Lunch for both of us.  Turkey sandwich for me and prunes for him.  Playtime in the high chair and it in the living room afterwards, along with a little laundry.
I'm sorry, you don't want to eat your prunes?

Would you be happier with a Gatorade bottle?

1:30pm- Carter goes down for a nap and I spend some time finishing laundry, paying bills and setting up our February budget, and blogging while watching Grey's.

2:15pm- Carter wakes up and we rock for a little while in his room and he babbles to me about the nap he just took.  I nurse him and take him in the living room for more playtime.

3:00pm- Leave to run errands.  I usually try to do these earlier in the day before school gets out, but I was waiting for the cleaning lady to come.  Today's errands include a diet coke from Chick-fil-a, prescriptions from CVS, the bank and Hobby Lobby.  They also include a diaper change in the back of the car when we get to the bank.  Fun times.

5:00pm- Head home and Carter falls asleep in the car for 10 minutes.  I nurse him when we get home and spend the next 30 minutes trying to get him to go back to sleep to no avail.

5:45pm- Matt gets home and they have playtime together.

6:30pm- Dinner.  Sweet potatoes for Monkey and leftovers for me and Matty.  Matt feeds Carter and gets food everywhere.  After he was finished but before Matt takes Carter out of his high chair Carter lifts his leg and blows out his diaper.  Which leads to...

6:45pm- Bathtime! Matt is still really nervous to give Carter a bath so I still do this while Matt cleans the kitchen.

7:00pm- Breathing treatment, bible story, nurse and bed.  Sweet dreams, baby!

No comments: