Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monster mash

Growing up I loved dressing up and hanging out with friends on Halloween, but it's never been my favorite holiday.  I always skipped out on all the Halloween parties in high school and college opting for a night at home or with Matt.  I'd much rather celebrated Valentine's twice! Lol!

I will say, Halloween with kids completely changed my view of things.  It was so fun seeing Brooks and Mason in their costumes and making the holiday special for them.  I can't wait until Matt and I have kids of our own to dress up and trick-or-treat with.  :)

My family came over and once Brooks was dressed we headed over to see Mason for his first Halloween.  Brooks was a kitty cat (Baboo) and Mason was an adorable really scary monster.




Poor Brooxie was teething and not feeling well last night.  Plus I think a lot of the commotion and costumes scared her so a lot of our pictures ended up with her crying.  Poor baby.

After visiting Mason we headed back to the house and handed out candy.  I think Brooks made it to one house and was more interested in sitting in Daddy J's lap and playing with the candy.  Someone has a new favorite food! 





Hopefully next Halloween we will have a little muchkin of our own to dress up and celebrate with (I think I say this about every holiday, lol!)

2 comments:

Robby and Stephanie said...

Thanks for making the day so special with us! I can't wait until we get to dress up and celebrate with a little one of yours;)

Loren Williamson said...

Halloween is much better with little ones in the family. This is first time in three years that we didn't have the little ones, so it was different for us.

Looks like you had a great time, and yes hopefully next Halloween you will have one to dress up and go trick or treating with.

Love you girl!