Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

In recent years Thanksgiving has come to be a very stress-less holiday for us.  Matt typically has practice early in the morning so we can't travel anywhere, there are no presents involved, and this year I didn't host! Yahoo!  My only responsibility was a dessert- no problemo.

We headed over to Mama Jo's on Thursday after Matt got home from practice and lunch was almost ready for us.  We feasted on the usual- turkey and ham, sweet potato casserole (Matty's fav), green bean casserole, mac -n-cheese (my fav), broccoli/rice casserole, etc.  I'm not big on Thanksgiving food- I'd much rather have pizza- but everyone seemed blissfully full and content.  It's amazing how happy food makes you!

Saturday night we headed over to the Joseph's to watch the game.  My poor Aggies fell apart!  Someone, somewhere needs to figure this whole rivalry ending thing and fast; it would really be a shame to not ever play UT anymore.  But, boy did I hate hearing it from my kids today!




No comments: