Monday, November 7, 2011

A Week in the Life

I've seen quite a few "A Day in the Life" posts floating around blogland lately, and I'd thought I would add my own version.  A day in the life would probably be boring so I thought I'd do a week in the life and kind of talk about how Matt and I get through football season.  I think we will like to look back on this a few season from now and see how things change.  :)

Mondays
Matt and I wake up at 5 and I get ready for work and he throws on his practice clothes and leaves by 5:15
I'm usually at work by 6:20
I work until 4ish, give or take some time depending on lesson plans, papers to grade, meeting, etc
I come home and clean house, read blogs work out and make dinner
Mondays are booster club meetings for the football team so this is Matt's early night, anywhere between 7 and 8
If KJH is playing at KHS I'll head up to the school and Matt and I will watch the game together before heading home for dinner
Time together until 9:30, bedtime

Tuesdays
Repeat Mondays
Matt home around 8-8:30

Wednesdays
Repeat Mondays and Tuesdays
I have acupuncture at 4:30- leave Katy by 3:30, home by 6:30
Sometimes we will go to position dinner for Matt's secondary kids, if he leaves work early enough (by 6:30)
Otherwise he works later and I'll make dinner

Thursdays
Matt can sleep in until 6
Thursdays are subvarsity games- if Matt is playing in district or close-by his mom and I will go to his game at 4:30
Afterwards I go and eat dinner with my parents, Laura and BKC
Matt home anywhere from 10-midnight, depending on where they are playing

Fridays
Matt can sleep in until 6
If we don't have a game Matt is usually home by 5:30 and we usually go to dinner together
Sometimes we will scout together, and sometimes I let him go with the guys

Most Friday nights I'll head to Austin for Jeff's game with Julie and Mrs. Joseph, home by 1am

Once or twice a season we will get a Friday where he doesn't have to scout and we can spend a night together

If we do have a game Matt will stay at school and I'll meet the McDaniel's for dinner at Chick-fil-A at 5:30 before heading to the game
Tiger victory around 10pm
Matt home around 1am
Works until 2am on video

Saturdays
If we had a Friday game Matt gets to work at 6:30 for video with the coaches before they watch video with the kids
Home by 2pm
Leave to scout by 5pm
Home by 10pm

If we have a Saturday game Matt get to work at 6:30 for team breakfast
They usually work all day watching video and getting materials prepared for the NEXT game
Saturday night games start at 6pm, over by 9pm
Matt home around 1am
Works until 2am on video

Sundays
Sleep until 8:30
Church at 9:45
Lunch at Mission Burrito (Matt)/ Panera Bread (me)
Hand out together until noon when Matt leaves for work
I go to lunch at Red Lobster with my family
Head home and I do chores: laundry, floors, bathrooms, pay bills, etc
Dinner with McDaniel's at Los Cucos at 6:15
Deliver Matt his dinner at the fieldhouse at 7:30
Grocery store until 8:30
Grade papers, make lunches, etc
Bedtime 9:30

Whew!

1 comment:

The Joiners said...

Sounds exhausting!! Oh, and I'm jealous that you only have acupuncture once a week- I have to go twice! :)