Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mid-season slump

Every football season Coach and I hit our "mid-season slump" when I think it's the hardest time for most coaching families.  We're *hopefully* halfway through the season so we can't really see the end in sight, and the day-to-day is grinding.  Coach leaves by 5:30 every morning and makes it home anywhere from 8-11 during the week.  That leaves me with a whole lot of alone time and all the responsibilities when it comes to keeping the house, cooking/cleaning, finances, etc.  Football season is nothing if not lonely.

Once district is over things perk up with sub-varsity games done and playoffs.  There is nothing like playoff season!  Each week is so different and exciting, and you could play anywhere- I love visiting all the other stadiums around Texas.  You never know which week could be your last and the smile on Matt's face after a big playoff win is priceless.

The last few weeks have kind of all mushed together in my head.  Here are some of the moments I caught on camera.







3 comments:

The Joiners said...

Brian has been working late this week and I have been so bored- I can only imagine what it must be like for you for an entire season!

And FYI, I prayed for you today while I was at acupuncture. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you :)

Robby and Stephanie said...

I know that precious baby girl makes things a LITTLE more exciting:) 'Here's to a long playoff season!'
P.S.-I haven't forgotten you either;)

Amanda McD said...

Amanda- I was at acupuncture today too, praying for YOU! Wonder if it was at the same time :)