Friday, August 12, 2011

Princess party!

On Wednesday we all got together to celebrate Miss Brooks’ first birthday!

Brooks birthday 021

She was so adorable in her little tutu and sparkle shoes.  Oh, I could just eat her up!  She loved all the attention and gifts (really the tissue paper) but her favorite thing from the night was the balloons!

Brooks birthday 017

Brooks birthday 042

Brooks birthday 058

My mom made a fabulous feast of lasagna and chicken parmesan and managed to fit 21 of us for dinner.  Way to go, mom!  She is such a wonderful hostess.  I’m sad I didn’t get a better picture of her and Brooks than this:

Brooks birthday 071 

I worked my tail off on Wednesday making dessert and Brooks’ smash cake.  I even got my cake pops to turn out better than last time!  Unfortunately the cake pops turned over on the smash cake in the car on the way to the party so neither looked great.  Just my luck that BOTH the cake pops and the cake would be ruined, not one of the other.

Brooks birthday 129

Brooks birthday 130

Brooks was NOT a fan of the smash cake.  She sort of dug into it, but nothing too messy.  So very girly of her.

Brooks birthday 143

Love you, baby girl! Happy birthday!

Brooks birthday 051

No comments: