Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School

back-2-school

source

Today was the first day of school for the 2011-2012 school year and my 23rd first day of school.  Wow!  I honestly cannot imagine doing any other job where I didn’t get to experience the first day back after a long summer off.  I love the sleepless night beforehand, the back to school shopping, the school supplies!  Oh, the school supplies.  Honestly, that’s probably half of the reason I do what I do (I kid.) 

My new babies were great today and I loved seeing their excited faces this morning greeting all of their friends.  I had several of my old babies come see me and they seemed so much older than I remember them.  Is that seriously possible?!?

I posted some of the projects I did for my classroom last night but did not include my new wreath!

photo

I was totally inspired by Lauren’s Pinterest wreath board and had to add this wreath to my room.  It’s very elementary, but the teacher-nerd in me HAD to hang this in my room.  I got sooo many compliments from my babies today so it was totally worth it.  And seriously SO EASY!  Honestly, $10 and an hour is all you need for this project.  I used my cricut for the letters and laminated them at school.  This would make a great gift for a teacher and one the teacher is sure to love!

What do you think?  How was your first day of school?

2 comments:

lauren.hartman said...

Isn't pinterest the greatest thing ever!? i LOVE all of the wreaths and I want to make so many of them!! I love your crayon wreath!!

Amanda McD said...

It was so easy, you have to make one!