Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cricut!

So I have a confession to make…I am really good at procrastinating.  Like, so good that I have a whole room in my house that I still haven’t unpacked since we moved in.  In 2008.  Yeah, I told you it was a problem.

I have tons of lists in my mind of things I want to get done and always file everything under “to do this summer.”  One such list was Matt’s football scrapbooks.  I want to keep a scrapbook for each season so when he’s 90 and finally retires we can look back through and remember everything.  I’ve been really good these past 5 years at taking pictures, cutting out newspaper articles, saving ticket stubs, program covers, etc.  But everything I have saved has ended up in “the room.”  So this summer I made a huge dent in “the room” by scrapbooking 2 of the past 4 football seasons.  Yay! 

I already had the 2007 seasons mostly completed, but finished up 2007 and 2008.  It’s not the most creative but holds everything we want to remember from some really fun times in our lives.

014

015

018

019

020

022

It took me about a week to do the 2008 season because I cut out all of those letters on each page BY HAND!  I had to trace then cut and then glue everything in.  It took for.ev.er!  So when I went to Michael’s to stock up on paper for the 2009 season, I made a big purchase…a cricut!

Cricut-Create 

source

It’s a machine that cuts shapes and letters for you, GENIUS! All I have to do is feed the paper in and type what I want printed and voila!  I should have done this a long time ago!

I’ve been so busy with school I have not finished the 2009 season yet (thank you, procrastination) but I have done a few things for school:

A new sign for my door

009

Signs for my team

door signs

Classroom rules

008

And I made a “Katy Tigers” banner that I forgot to take a picture of.  The best part is, I probably spent a total of 3 hours on everything!  Best purchase I’ve made in a long time. 

Now to finish the 2009 and 2010 seasons… 

No comments: