Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Battle of the Lakes

After Matt’s game on Friday night Julie, Jon, Sydney, Mrs. Joseph and I hoped on 71 to Austin for Jeff’s game.  Westlake played Lake Travis at DKR for the “Battle of the Lakes.”  There was over 17,000 people there!

Westlake vs LT 005

Westlake vs LT 006

Westlake vs LT 011

Jeff is the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR this year at Westlake.  Whoop!  Matt and I are so proud

Westlake vs LT 015

Westlake played great but fell to LT 35-7.  It broke my heart that Jeff lost his first game as DC; I know how hard these coaches work and how each loss makes you feel.  I’m sure he will have them in tip-top shape in no time.

On a brighter note, Westlake totally won halftime!  The Hyline was stunning as always, but the band!  Oh, the band!  All of the WHS students received an iPad for school this year, and at halftime about 10 members of the band played their iPad’s instead of their instruments!  WOW!  The rest of the band marched without instruments for one of the best routines I’ve ever seen.  They formed a stick figure and “walked” across the field and kicked a field goal!  Here’s a video I took of the routine- you can hear the iPad’s playing and hopefully you can see the band marching.  I was on about the 20th row so probably too close to really get a good view. 

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

Love to see that chap love- thanks for the support, even if we lost :)

Amanda McD said...

I thought you would like this. Hopefully the upcoming games will be better. :)

Robby and Stephanie said...

What an awesome idea! When is KHS getting ipads? I think Ms. H could work up a good 1/2 time routine with those...
p.s.-Your crockpot meal looks yum & I love the name. It made me laugh;)