Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Galveston

Me: "Carter we're going to the beach to see Eva!"
Carter: "Yay!"

On Wednesday the 24th Carter and I hit the road for a day-trip to Galveston, TX.  Emily and her family were there for the week and that's just WAY too close for us to be to each other and not visit.  Plus Matt and I were supposed to go to Midlothian the weekend before and had to cancel so Matt could work.  So I owed Emily a visit and couldn't wait for Carter and Eva to see each other again.

Carter and I hit the road right after breakfast and he napped on the way to the beach.  It took us less than 2 hours to get there, which was perfect for his nap.  We met Emily and her family at the beach and Carter did much better on the Galveston beach than on the Florida beach.  He sat in my lap at first but slowly warmed up to the sand and tried to eat the sand.  Typical.  He didn't venture to walk around the water but was content to just sit and play in the sand.  Success!

It was so good to see Emily, Eric, Ella and Eva.  Ella is so grown up and Eva just seems like she's months older than Carter instead of the actual 2 days that separate them.  She walks so well, eats with a fork and spoon, says more words and says them clearly, and definitely naps better!  Carter would not go down for a nap so he stayed up and played with Ella while Eva napped.  I think he sorta fell in love with Ella...don't tell Eva!
Our best attempt at a group pic

We headed back to Katy about 4:00 and finally pulled into the driveway about 6:30...we hit major traffic.  I actually ended up stopping about halfway home so I could turn his carseat around to face forward so he could watch Praise Baby while we sat in traffic.  Poor baby has his fathers patience and does NOT like to sit in a car that is not moving.

It was too quick of a trip but I'm so thankful we got to see Emily and the girls before school started.  I really wanted to make it up to Midlothian to see Emily's new house, but I'm hoping to make it up before Christmas.

Love you, Em! 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love you Auntie A and C-Man!