Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend

We had a busy, but fun weekend (I feel like I will probably say that every weekend until football season is over.)  Friday Mrs. Joseph, Julie and I headed up 71 for Jeff’s game against Pflugerville.  Of course we stopped at our favorite spot, Busy B, on our way there.  I picked up some cute things but will have to wait to share. 

71 is back open since the wild fires are almost contained, so we were able to drive through Bastrop on our way to the game and we saw some of the damage.  You know even with your eyes closed you are in Bastrop because the burning smell is so strong.  The ground and trees for miles are just black and burned.  It’s amazing because as you are driving up 71 there are several houses and businesses still standing, not touched by the fire.  You can tell the firefighters saved the houses because everything is burned right up to the house, but there is no damage to the houses.  Amazing.  Way to go firefighters.

I took some pictures on my camera from the car, but we were moving and had the windows rolled up so the quality isn’t the best.

001004007

Westlake played at Pfugerville, where they filmed my favorite show, Friday Night Lights.  Look familiar?

015

I’m telling you, I could feel the presence of Coach Taylor and Tim Riggins in that stadium.    Jeff’s grandfather (who was in episode 1) told me they are about to start replaying the episodes on TV.  Yay!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.

Jeff’s team rolled over Pflugerville 45-14.  Way to go, Coach Joseph!

013030

Saturday my sister and I did some damage at the Heart of Katy craft show.  Brooks went with us and helped me pick out some new necklaces.  And I got the CUTEST Christmas wreath, y’all.  I can’t wait to hang it up in a few months. 

Saturday night Katy played Beaumont Westbrook at home and WON 42-7!!!  Mason came and just had a blast watching the game and being passed around by everyone in the stands.  He’s such a happy baby and his little smile just melts my heart.  Love him.

044047055

Today I had lunch with Brooks and dinner with Mason.  It was the perfect day.

069067073

3 comments:

Robby and Stephanie said...

It was a great weekend:) Can't wait to see your wreath - how fun!

Loren Williamson said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Now you have me curious as to what you bought at the "Busy B!"

Loren Williamson said...

Oh, and I bought a Christmas wreath as well. I'm sure it was from the same lady. :)