Friday, September 23, 2011

One year

For anyone reading, I just wanted to ask for extra thoughts and prayers for us today.  One year ago today we said goodbye to our angel baby.  I'm not really sure what else to say except we NEVER thought a year later we would still be here.  And we definitely never thought that 7 rounds of Clomid, 3 surgeries and an IUI later we would still be a family of two.
I have to wonder if I would feel differently if we had gotten pregnant since the miscarriage?  I often think about how much worse the infertility makes our loss.  I am constantly grieving what "could have been" and imaging how our life would look if we were holding our little 5 month old instead of throwing money at our RE.  I'm hurting, but trying to hold my head up through this all and trust.

"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, HOPE.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us."
-Romans 5: 3-5

5 comments:

Loren Williamson said...

Prayers all the way! Have faith and trust and God will show you what he wants your family to look like! I'm thankful for our friendship, and please know that I'm praying for you everyday!

Love you girl!

The Joiners said...

Praying!!

Brittany said...

Oh Amanda...so sorry. You and Matt are in our prayers!! Hugs!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry, sending prayers your way!!

Sara said...

always praying!

love you both to the moon and back... and my angel baby niece/nephew :)