Thursday, July 14, 2011

On my nightstand: Hannah’s Hope

hannahshope

This was the first of two books I was able to read while on vacation in Florida.  I had seen it on Amazon before, but once my friend Amanda did a review on it, I decided to buy.  I’m glad I waited to read it because it would have been really hard to get through earlier this year. 

Jennifer takes us through her 10-year battle with infertility (wow…talk about perspective!) and teaches us how to seek God’s heart through it all.  She dives deep into the story of Hannah and her wish to have a child during a time where injections, temperature charts and ART did not exist.  Thinking about Hannah and the hopelessness she must have felt during that time really opened up my eyes (and heart) to others who are fighting this same battle.  I mean, I have endless amounts of science at my fingertips (if I open my wallet deep enough) and STILL feel like I’m never getting off this rollercoaster. 

At the end of each chapter Jennifer lists several Bible verses to pray over (many cover my mirror now) and has a special section for “Burden Bearers.”  This is specifically written for friends, family members, etc who are walking this road and gives insights to how you can specifically pray and support. 

There is so much in here that just simply relates to life, grief, your relationship with Jesus and emotional support of those around you.  If you are longing to have a child, or know someone who’s heart beats with a mother’s love, please consider taking a few nights to read Hannah’s Hope.

3 comments:

The Joiners said...

Yay so glad you liked it! I am about to read one called "When Life and Beliefs Collide" so I'll have to let you know how that one is as well!

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

Amanda, I'm so glad that God's word spoke to your through these pages. You put a huge smile on my face with the comment about verses now on your mirror. Thank you for your kind words about Hannah's Hope. I am stopping right now to pray for you in your journey.
{{{{hugs}}}
jenni saake
author, Hannah's Hope

Amanda McD said...

Jenni,
Please know how much your words, Hannah's story (and your interpretation), and this book have meant to me. And thank you for visiting my blog!