Tuesday, January 7, 2014

26 Weeks

January 7, 2014

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 26 weeks
Size of babies: heads of lettuce
Genders: 100% both still girls  
Weight gain: 24 pounds
Belly growth: 10 inches 
Movement: all day, but it's still not too uncomfortable (besides the rib head shots I'm taking from Baby Girl B).  You can see big movements from the outside so it's fun to just sit and watch them dance.  Baby Girl B hangs out more to the right side whereas Baby Girl A likes to stick straight forward so the shape of my belly is very lopsided most of the day.  
Sleep: pretty terrible...my restless leg and leg cramps are keeping me awake
Stretch Marks: none yet
Symptoms: inability to stand for long periods of time, occasional heartburn, restless leg
Cravings: steak and mashed potatoes! Hoping Matt can bring home some Saltgrass one night this week.
Belly button: out
What I miss: Diet Coke and cocktails 
Best moment this week: finally getting started on baby stuff! Nursery has been 1/4 painted, bedding is purchased, clothes have been washed and sorted, and baby shower invites are out! It's getting real! 
Best husband moment/quote: "If I had a time machine I would go back to this summer when we walked into Dr H's office and walk straight back out." while discussing how close in age our kids will be.
Notes: got my steroid shots last Thursday and Friday and experienced some pretty severe contractions Thursday night.  They were expected with the shot and thankfully we were able to stay at home and manage them without medication.  Friday night I was up until 6:30am! 
Comparison picture to 26 weeks with Carter:

1 comment:

Grace Meeker said...

Preggo looks good on you! :) Wish we lived closer to hold those sweet babies when they get here!!