Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day!

Valentines Day has always been my favorite holiday.  Yes, I love my husband EVER day of the year, not just today, but I love that we have a designated day to re-focus on each other.  Even if others think of it as a “Hallmark Holiday.”  I call those people the Valentine’s Scrooges!  Lol!

I have the most wonderful husband who is taking me out for sushi tonight and bought me a VERY generous gift card to the spa (thanks, Mom!)  I do not deserve the love he has for me, especially with all the crazy he has put up with lately, but I’m glad he does. 

Matt, I love you because:

  • You talk to me in your sleep every night, even if you don’t remember it the next morning
  • You make my coffee for me in the morning and let Cooper out so I don’t have to wait on him before I leave- now that’s love!
  • You email/call/text non-stop when it’s bad weather outside making sure I’m okay, and even let me drive your car when the roads are wet
  • You watch Thursday night TV with me and are sure to push pause on the remote if I step away for a second
  • You help me clean the house/ do chores…a request I’ve been making repeatedly over the years and you have FINALLY caught on
  • You encourage me when I’m having a bad day/week and help me to de-stress (which I should definitely do more often!)
  • You let me cry/ be crazy/ scream and yell every month after another inevitable bit of bad news from the doctor
  • You let me decorate the house in way I want and never complain if anything is too “girly”
  • You don’t get angry at the endless amount of pedicure’s I get
  • You help me be a better person

I love you Matthew Ryan, always and forever. 

Mike and Missy Wedding 036

2 comments:

Robby and Stephanie said...

So much love! Hope y'all had a fabulous day yesterday.

Laura said...

You have the most wonderful and handsome husband there is!!! Happy Valentine's Day to you both :)