Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wanted: Dead or Alive

WE HAVE A MOUSE IN THE HOUSE!
Mouse-1, Humans-0

So a few days ago I swore I saw a flash of something run across my kitchen floor out of the corner of my eye, but convinced myself it was nothing. Last night while watching a movie I kept hearing a repeated thumping sound from what I believe to be coming from behind the oven. It really sounded like there was something behind the oven moving around trying to escape, and I could hear it over the movie. I tried to get Matt to look into it but he rolled it off as ice falling from the ice maker.

Mouse-2, Humans-0

So tonight I'm unloading the dishwasher and what runs out of the pantry but a MOUSE! A full blown four-legged mouse. In my house! So like any normal woman would do I screamed bloody murder and jumped on top of the counter. Luckily, husband #1 and husband #2 were both home and made it their mission to capture the mouse before we went to bed.

Mouse-3, Humans-0

The boys precede to start shaking things around in the pantry and start to think I'm just being loony. Bull. Eventually the little thing escapes past them and scurries at the speed of light into the laundry room a few feet away.

Mouse-4, Humans-0

So now the boys get excited- a game! They are playing a game with the mouse and they currently are losing. Being two of the most competitive men I know they devised a plan. Jeff would lift the dryer the mouse was currently taking cover under and Matt would swat it with a shoe on his way out. A few pics of the action:

A few times they got really close to capturing Mickey while he danced back and forth between the washer and dryer, but they never caught him. Eventually he ran out and somehow made his way past their waiting shoes and hangers and snuck back into the pantry.

Mouse-5, Humans-0

Now we are all really excited and determined to catch the mouse before we go to bed and not have to wait for him to die in a trap. We had some trouble finding where he went in the pantry and had to determine the best setup to catch him upon exit.
Mouse-0, Humans-1
Alas, he makes for a hasty getaway and Matt, with his cat-like reflexes, smashed him with our leveler. I was hoping we could catch him in a box and throw him back over the fence into the waiting field, but we had to think fast and Matt reacted. Thankfully, we won the game.






1 comment:

Robby and Stephanie said...

Ahahahaha! I love the look on Matthew's face.