Monday, March 30, 2009

Best.Casserole.Ever

We do a lot of casseroles around our house since we are always at athletic events. To date I have never made one this good. YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS!

Ingredients:
1 can Cream of Broccoli soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk (I used organic skim, but I'm thinking whole would be better)
1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 cup uncooked instant white rice (I use Texmati long-grain)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt
Pepper
1 10-oz package frozen broccoli spears, thawed
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (I used Monterrey Jack, totally made a difference)

  1. Combine soup, sour cream, milk and basil. Set aside 1/2 cup of the soup mixture for later. Add uncooked rice to remaining soup mixture and transfer to ungreased baking dish.
  2. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken and broccoli over rice mixture. Spoon reserved 1/2 cup soup over top.
  3. Bake, covered, at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving. (I baked for 60 min, sprinkled with MJ and put back in for 3 minutes.)

452 calories.

No comments: