Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rain rain go away!

So today was supposed to be the BIG day, math TAKS test. Dun dun dun! We've worked and worked and worked and I really think my kids were ready and were going to do well. We woke this morning at 4:45 to a terrible thunderstorm outside and I was only worried about my t-shack having power when I got to school! Come to find out, we received almost 8 inches of rain overnight and school ended up being cancelled. CANCELLED! First Ike, now flooding....all in one school year, unbelievable. So math TAKS has been pushed to tomorrow, provided we can all get to school tomorrow. Reading TAKS will be the next day. Hopefully the kids will not be too thrown off and still do as well tomorrow as they would have done today.

Here are a few pics of the bayou I took while on the way to Chick-fil-A (hey, no school means I get to splurge, right?) this morning about 9:30am. It runs right next to the McDaniel's house and usually you can walk along the bottom. Quite a difference 8 inches of rain makes!


1 comment:

Robby and Stephanie said...

How did your kiddos do with the TAKS test? I am SURE they dominated with you as their teacher:) See you tomorrow!